The following is a list of services that we’ve found useful in resettling refugees and immigrants in the central New Jersey area. If you have other suggestions, please submit them through our contact form.
- Interfaith-RISE volunteers utilizing the New Jersey Department of Labor services through the One-Stop Career centers support the activities for job seeking and skills development.
- Volunteers using Jobs4Jersey database as well as indeed.
English as a Second Language
- New Brunswick Board of Education – Adult Learning Center
- Literacy New Jersey
- Perth Amboy Board of Education
- East Brunswick Board of Education
- South River Board Of Education
- YMCA of Metuchen, Edison, and Woodbridge.
- The Child Care Resource and referral for families’ service of the Division of Human Services of Middlesex County will refer the families to appropriate child care facilities in the area.
Healthcare (Physical and Mental health services)
- The Eric Chandler Health Center has the capacity to provide comprehensive health care services for children and adults and has three locations in Middlesex County.
- Saint Peter’s Family Health Center, provides primary and preventive health care for children and adults and it is located 2.3 miles away from the Interfaith-RISE office.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital New Brunswick and Somerset campuses now serve as the flagship hospital of Robert Wood Johnson Health System, New Jersey’s premier health system of choice which currently has $1.5 billion dollars in revenue, more than 10,100 employees, 3,250 medical staff members, and 1,733 beds.
- Saint Peter’s University Hospital in New Brunswick, treat more than 30,000 inpatients and more than 200,000 out-patients annually. We employ 2,800 healthcare professionals and support personnel, and more than 900 physicians and dentists have privileges at our facility.
- JFK Medical Center a non-profit, 498-bed community hospital, serving residents of Middlesex, Union and Somerset counties in Central New Jersey. With more than 900 affiliated physicians, JFK offers a complete array of advanced services, including general and specialized surgery, cardiac care, maternity and pediatric care, and emergency medicine.
- Jewish Renaissance Medical Center in Perth Amboy
- The Reformed Church of Highland Park Mental Health Services.
- American Friends Service Committee Immigrant Rights Program, AFSC
- Legal Services of NJ
- A case manager will be assigned to each family to provide ongoing orientation, with the support of interpreters and volunteers.
- Culturally appropriate resources will be available to guide the families and individuals through information about available resources in the area.
- Public transportation is available through the trains, buses and light rail services provided by New Jersey Transit.
- Volunteers of interfaith-RISE will provide transportation to appointments for core services.
- New Brunswick provides a free transportation service through
Additional Ongoing Community Services
- Who is my Neighbor Inc. enriching social and educational programs for children, families, and adults, including after school programs, the family den and camp cool. Those programs take place at the Reformed Church of Highland Park.
- Global Grace Café : a daily restaurant, with part-time work opportunities for global cooks, occurs weekdays in the Reformed Church of Highland Park.
- Food pantries and Food banks are available in Highland Park, Perth Amboy, New Brunswick, Metuchen, Edison and Franklin Township.
- YMCA of Metuchen, Edison, and Woodbridge
- YMCA of Raritan Bay Area
- Woodbridge Community Center
- Highland Park Boro Community Youth and Senior services as well as summer camp for children.
- Elijah’s promise in New Brunswick education and job training for the food industry, and creating social enterprise food businesses through the soup kitchen.
- Each of the Interfaith-RISE members is a provider of social services that include Thrift shops, religious services, food pantry.