Date: Sunday, November 4,
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Place: Our walk will begin and end at the Reformed Church of Highland Park.
We will be walking around Highland Park stopping at various faith and civic buildings to learn more about refugee resettlement and to thank those who have partnered with us over the past year. All funds raised will go to support the work of Interfaith-RISE and refugee resettlement in central New Jersey.
The Reformed Church of Highland Park is located at 19 South 2nd Avenue, Highland Park, NJ 08904
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
1. Walk with us on November 4!
2. Encourage family and friends to either walk or support you by making an online donation. They can donate here.
3. Form a team to walk together. We would especially like to see teams from our coalition members, including the many area congregations that make up our truly interfaith effort. Interested? Click here to learn more.
4. Post event flyers in your community; the flyer can be downloaded here.
5. Encourage businesses to become sponsors to show their support. Information is available here.
CAN YOU GIVE...
$18 Chai for life: L'Chaim
$21 for the less than 21,000 refugees resettled in Fiscal Year 2018
$30 for the 30,000 proposed refugee admissions in Fiscal Year 2019
$68 for the 68.5 million displaced around the globe
$75 for the 75,000 resettlement spots resettlement agencies believe is the LEAST we can do
We'd love to have tons of signs at this year's walk-a-thon to spread our message about the importance of refugee resettlement. Check out our page to get some inspiration for your sign for the walk-a-thon. Let's fill our walk with positive, supportive messages!